Fall Care Package
It’s been a few weeks since school started. Your college student is settling in, but can always use some encouragement from home. No reason to wait until Halloween to send a care package! This fall care package is called “Hey, Pumpkin” and is full of fun pumpkin, fall, and Halloween items.
You can print the “recipe” for this care package at the bottom of this post.
**This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, see our full disclosure.
Fall Care Package
Print out your Hey, Pumpkin Fall Care Package printables on white card stock. They can be cut to fit many different box shapes. I use USPS Medium Flat Rate boxes, but you can use any box.
How to Make a Fall Care Package:
All Care Packages start and end with snacks. Cheez-Its, Pirate Booty Popcorn, and Brach’s Autumn Mix are perfect.
I got these fun Fall and Halloween to-go cups, pumpkin stir sticks, and straws from a Tulsa party supply vendor. Items like these are available on Amazon and Etsy.
I created this Fall Care Package for my daughter who is a first year medical student. She is currently taking anatomy, so Skeletons are a must! I found a fun Creep It Real Towel on Amazon.
I threw in a velvet pumpkin for her apartment and also some pumpkin honey. I also made a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. She loves pumpkin chocolate chip bread!
Ideas for items to Include in a Fall Care Package:
- Anything Pumpkin Spice
- Tea bags
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee pods
- K Cups
- A fun dish towel like this Creep It Real Towel.
- Fall Planner Stickers
- Disposable Halloween and fall plates, cups, and napkins
- Healthy snacks like nuts and granola bars
- Breakfast bars to grab on the run in the mornings
- Unhealthy snacks for a treat
- School spirit items especially for schools in football season
- Pumpkin mug, Hello Pumpkin Mug, or other Halloween mug
- Fall or Halloween dorm decorations
- Disposable to-go cups
- Halloween Straws
- Homemade treats like brownies, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, or cookies. The Monday Box has so many yummy recipes designed to go in care packages.
- Orange and/or black practical items like Tide Pods or hand soap
- Anything you think would give your student a boost and a virtual hug from mom.
Create a fun Fall Care Package for your college student or anyone who could use some encouragement this season.
- Mailing Box
- Hey, Pumpkin Care Package Printable decorations
- Fall Items your student will love
- Buy fun fall items for your care package. Include a variety of snacks, seasonal items, and anything you know they would love.
- Print the Fall Care Package printables.
- Invite some friends over to make fall care packages for their kids with you.
- Cut decorations to fit your box.
- Tape or glue decorations on your box.
- Fill the box.
- You can get free boxes at the post office. I usually use medium flat rate boxes. They also have a large flat rate box. They ship for a flat rate regardless of the weight.
- The box decorations are designed to be printed on white card stock. You can cut them to any shape.
- Emphasize items your student will enjoy and will remind them of home.
Keywords: fall care package, halloween care package, pumpkin care package
Related posts for Fall Care Package:
I used to create Care Packages at my former home – Almost Empty Nest. You can still see these and get the printables for all of my Care Package Ideas
Help Your Teen Decorate A Dorm Room! -these items would be great to add into a fall care package
Get the Fall Care Package Printable Box Decorations:
We would love to stay in touch!
Be sure to see all of the Next Phase Parenting Resources on our Resources Page and subscribe to our Next Phase Parenting newsletter below for a weekly dose of love from us about surviving and thriving in your almost or already empty nest. Visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram where we share lots of helpful info for parents with teens, young adults, our aging parents, and other issues that we experience in the sandwich generation ! Thank you so much!❤️