A Real List of Senior Discounts over 55 Without an AARP Membership
I turn 55 this week! As scary as that sounds I have been informed by my much older (by 3 days) husband that he now gets a cart discount at the golf course. To make my birthday more fun I though I would look up and see what discounts I could score!
I found a lot of lists out there for senior discounts over 55. But when I went to the websites of the offering companies, I was often unable to verify the discount. Many of the places listed as offering discounts are franchises, so it is at the discretion of the individual owners. The other issue is that most of the discounts I found require an AARP membership. There are a number of senior discounts over 55 with an AARP membership, but you will have to pay for the membership.
My goal is to create a REAL LIST OF SENIOR DISCOUNTS OVER 55 that do not require an AARP membership. If I listed a discount below, I confirmed that of today (11/27/23) , they are offering senior discounts and I have linked to the page on their website with information.
**This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, see our full disclosure.
A Real List of Senior Discounts over 55
OK, so most other posts of this type have a much more impressive list, however, their lists are inaccurate. Sorry!
You will not be able to get what they have listed without an AARP membership or the discount is no longer offered. Most fast food restaurants are owned by individual owners and are able to set their own discount policies. For example if one location of Chick Fil A offers a senior discount or a free drink, it is because that owner has decided to offer it. No other location is obligated to offer the same senior discount.
Here is the list I came up with of real senior discounts over 55. Of course, it is always free to ask any business establishment if they offer a discount for seniors.
Senior Discounts over 55: Stores
- Michaels: Michaels offers 10% off your entire purchase on both full price and sale items every day to those over 55. This discount may be the most consistent discount. It is every day online and in stores.
- Walgreens: Walgreens offers various discounts for those 55+. You can check their senior discount page for their offers and the days they are valid.
- T Mobile: T Mobile has discounted phone plans for 55+
- I was not able to confirm any of the grocery store senior discount days listed on other websites.
Senior Discounts over 55, 60, and 62: Travel
These hotels offer discounted rates without an AARP membership. Some begin at 55 and some older.
- Best Western Hotels: Best Western Hotels offers discounted rates for guests 55+ subject to availability.
- Choice Hotels: Choice Hotel discounts begin at 60 years of age.
- Marriot: Marriot discounts begin at 62 years of age.
- United States National Parks: You may want to celebrate your 62nd birthday at one of the US National Parks with their Senior Pass.
- Wyndham Hotels: Wyndham Hotels senior rates begin at 60.
- Thrifty Rent A Car: Their discount is 5% and begins at age 50.
- Hertz: Hertz offers 20% off for those over 50.
Senior Discounts over 55: Restaurants with Senior Menus
- IHOP: IHOP has a menu with specials for those over 55
Senior Discounts: over 60 and 65
- Kohl’s: on Wednesdays with ID – 15% off in store
- AMC Theatres: Check the AMC discount page for their senior discount good all day, every day.
- Rite Aid: They have a program called Rite Aid Rewards 65+: As the name implies, you have to be 65. Their extra points days and programs are offered on the first Wednesday of the month.
I know this list is not as impressive as others, but it will save you time clicking on other posts only to find out there is no actual discount. Let me know if you find others that are not local stores or restaurants. I will maintain this Senior Discounts over 55 list for you!
Related posts for Real Senior Discounts over 55:
We would love to stay in touch!
Be sure to see all of the Next Phase Parenting Resources on our Resources Page and subscribe to our Next Phase Parenting newsletter below for a weekly dose of love from us about surviving and thriving in your almost or already empty nest. Visit our Facebook page, and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram where we share lots of helpful info for parents with teens, young adults, our aging parents, and other issues that we experience in the sandwich generation! Thank you so much!❤️